TOKA is happy to announce funding availability to assist renters affected by Covid-19 living in rental or lease purchase housing units. Priority of eligibility will be for members of the Tohono O’odham Nation, members of other tribes and non-tribal members until funds are depleted.
- Who is eligible to receive assistance under the Act?
– To be eligible, a household must be income qualified and obligated to pay rent on a residential dwelling and provide documentation of the following:
- – One or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 outbreak;
- – One or more individuals within the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
- – The household has a household income at or below 80% of area median income.
- Financial Assistance pursuant to the ERA Program means:
- – Rent (including lease purchase payments);
- – Rental arrears (including lease purchase payment arrears);
- – Utilities and home energy costs, including electricity, gas, water and sewer, trash removal, fuel oil;
- – Utilities and home energy costs arrears; and
- – Other expenses related to rental or lease purchase housing incurred due, directly or indirectly, to the novel coronaviruses disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
To get started, please complete the attached ERA Application Form and send to ERA@tokahousing.org. For additional information please call 1 (844) ERA-TOKA or 1 (844) 372-8652
This project is being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number TDO21ERA1048A awarded to the Tohono O’odham Ki:Ki Association by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.